Organ Renovation Appeal
Full description of proposed restoration.
- Tubular-pneumatic mechanism removed and stored within the organ.
- Soundboards, unit chests, bass chest and front pipe blocks electrified with modern lever electromagnets, replacing primary pneumatics.
- Pneumatic slider machines and wind trunks removed and replaced with powerful slider solenoids and associated power supplies.
- Keyboards and pedalboard restored and fitted with electrical contacts and springs.
- Thumb pistons replaced and augmented with electric ones.
- Stop-knobs fitted with long-draw electric solenoids.
- Toe piston sweep replaced by a redesigned one with electric pistons.
- Processor-based transmission and combination system installed.
- Pedalboard moved to align D under D.
- Expression pedals set back from their present position and redesigned to make them easier to operate.
- Organ bench fitted with hinged blocks to make it height-adjustable.
- Console woodwork restored and music desk light replaced.
- Attend to sagging front pipe block.
- Pipes, mechanisms and surfaces thoroughly cleaned.
- New bellows inlet cut in cabinet.
- Improve ladders and lighting within the organ to make access easier.
- Unit chests and wind trunks restored and checked for soundness.
- Indicator lights for porch and vestry be fitted to console.
- Remove Dulciana pipes and replace with Sesquialtera 12.17.
- Replace Harmonic Bass with Trombone.
Your support for this programme would be greatly appreciated.